The time when we all heard the word ‘LED’first, we viewed it as an alien concept and as we know nothing new easily makes its way into our existence. Most of us are still unaware of what LED is all about.
LED lights are the latest technology in energy efficient lighting. LED stands for ‘Light Emitting Diode’, a semiconductor device that converts electricity into light.LED lights are super energy efficient, using approximately 85% less energy than halogen or incandescent lighting – meaning significant savings on your power bills. LED lights also have a much longer lifespan than other types of lighting.
Benefits of using LED
- Longer life span: Where CFL bulbs work for 8000 to 15,000 hours, LED lights work for 25000 to 50,000 hours. It’s full on paisa vasool since it’s a onetime investment.
- Energy Friendly:Did you know that an LED device converts 80% of energy into light and as a result only 20% is lost as heat. On the other hand, a normal CFL converts only 20% of energy to light and 80% to heat. The kind of variation is immense and it makes absolute sense as to why you should be going for LED.
- Ecologically friendly: Lights are made of certain highly toxic chemicals like mercury which are extremely dangerous to us. LED lights are made of non toxic chemicals which make sure they are highly environmentally friendly. They are 100% recyclable, and will help you to reduce your carbon footprint by up to a third.
- Withstand rough conditions: LED’s are sturdy, strong and can withstand any kind of extremities. LED lights are resistant to shock, vibrations and external impacts, they are extremely useful for Outdoor lighting systems, Rough conditions and exposure to weather, wind, and rain, Traffic related public exposure and construction or manufacturing sites
- Zero UV emissions: LED illumination produces little infrared light .Hence LED lighting is suitable not only for goods and materials sensitive to heat but for illumination of UV sensitive objects in museums, galleries etc. As we know UV emissions are not good for humans too.
- Flexibility in Design:LEDs can be molded in any shape to produce highly efficient illumination. Individual LEDs can be dimmed, resulting in a dynamic control of light, color and distribution. Well-designed LED illumination systems can achieve fantastic lighting effects, not only for the eye but also for the mood and the mind:
- Frequent switching:If you have a toddler at your home, you are sure to experience some special effects at home owing to frequent switching on and off of lights. Your toddler might find it to be fun, but in reality it is extremely dangerous when the electrical lights or CFL lights are subjected to frequent switching on and off. LED lights however do not get damaged when switched multiple times.
We are aware that LED lights are expensive. But this is a far better option than going through frequent replacement of lights or bulbs, which happens when you purchase CFL lights. The wiser option is to make a onetime investment which is a LED lighting system.